Employers should check:
- The competence of a consultant.
- e.g. Evidence of relevant qualifications, training, knowledge.
- That they are a member of a professional H&S body, such as the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH).
- IOSH recommends that a consultant should be a Chartered Member (CMIOSH) or a Chartered Fellow Member (CFIOSH) with IOSH and be a member of OSHCR.
- The consultant/consultancy is adequately insured.
- e.g. Public Liability insurance, Employers’ Liability insurance, Professional Indemnity insurance.
Thomas Safety Services Ltd are approved by TRADING STANDARDS, have relevant insurance, and our MD (David Thomas) is a Chartered Fellow member of IOSH (CFIOSH), has a Masters Degree in Safety, Health and Environmental Management and is a registered OSHCR Consultant.
Competent Corporate H&S, Fire Safety and/or Construction Safety advice
Thomas Safety Services Ltd provides competent Corporate Health and Safety Advice, Fire Safety Advice and Construction Safety Advice to our clients, so if you are seeking to appoint an external H&S consultant, please contact us.